Thursday, April 14, 2011
Personal Working Preferences
When I begin working on my art, I need a semi-cleared are so I have room to maneuver my materials. the room may be cluttered, however when I begin painting i much have my materials set up in a specific way (especially when I begin painting). The arrangement is always the same, paints and water on my right and my visual resource on my left. I would say I am a multitasker, i like the TV or music to be on while I work and I will usually have interruptions by the phone, family or timers going off for my supper being ready. I am not a late night worker. I like to go to bed early and get up early. I believe the quiet room would be a bit overwhelming causing my brain to over analyze my next move with the brush or pencil. I do not plan my works of art down to every last detail, but I will have a vision of what I am working towards. I enjoy working from observation, however this is unrealistic as times so I usually resort to photographs. Since I have graduated with my bachelors (May '08) most of my art making has come to a halt which frustrates me. I need to make it a priority in my life and get some work done. I believe being an artist myself is important for my students. I would like to inspire them and show them work that I have recently done as an adult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment