Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog reflection

Teaching my student to generate ideas usually begins with a lesson on the new media or technique we are going to bu using.  We may also look at an artist who worked in that media.  They will then have to come up with ideas for their subject matter of the piece.  We use artwork, magazines, brainstorming, anything to get those wheels turning.  They will hopefully find one idea that sticks and they keep returning to, to explore further.  I'm not sure if I can teach them retention beyond giving them ways to research their idea.  Inspection overlaps with retention for me because hey will inspect a few ideas and ind the best idea to transform.  For example, a student finds an image of a horse to use for the assigned watercolor project.  Besides local color what color scheme could you use to paint the horse?  We brainstorm, experiment, and hopefully find the best answer.  As an art teacher, I use this process daily in my classroom, however I never had a name for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment