Monday, February 7, 2011
Blogs in the Pk-12 Art Room
Using a blog in my classroom would be great. I would love to have the opportunity to let my students create their own blog. They could learn how to correctly photograph, crop, and post their artwork on the web. They could then write about the pieces they create and post an artist statement with each piece. Having them blog would also motivate me to create a classroom blog that they could check out on a daily/weekly basis. This would also be a great tool for classroom communication. Students could comment on each others art and give constructive criticism through the blogs. We have read many times that students feel more comfortable communicating via the web so this would be a great opportunity for them to open up. I think this would be a fun and interesting project for my students to complete. I do believe it would be for the middle-high school students. I do not have enough time with my elementary students to tackle this project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your ideas for using blogs in the classroom! As a teacher, I've found that having a blog to share AV technologies and interesting videos lets me keep in touch with past and present students. It keeps our conversations going!
ReplyDelete