Friday, February 25, 2011

Alternative Search Engines

As I went through the list of alternative search engines Melissa provided for us, I found many of them to be blocked by our districts filter.  I can however request for pages to be unblocked if I feel they are safe and good resources for our students to use.  I will definitely look into this possibility.  I did however find three sites that I would consider using with my students.  My favorite one is Tastespotting.com.  We are always looking for photographs of food and drinks to use as inspiration for projects.  This will be a great source for them to use.  Pixsy.com is another one I ran across and could see the possibility of using in my classroom.  Youtube is blocked at our school and this site seemed to have many good videos I could show my students.  I enjoyed looking at the myartspace.com page also.  Showing my students the work of current artist could inspire them to create and give them some ideas to use in their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment