Picnik is a free image editing program that offers all of the basics for free. If you want the full version is costs $25 a year. It is also 'affiliated' with flickr, facebook, myspace, etc. This is the only web-based photo-editing program I have used. There are many options for the user to choose from and is a great free/low cost alternative.
As I was researching alternatives, GIMP seemed to be recurring in many of my searches. The one downfall I see immediately is that the user must download the program to their computer. This is not a huge problem however. As I was looking at the features available I think this would be a great program to download and use. There were a variety of features just like there are on Photoshop.
There are many great alternatives to photoshop that are currently free to the user or at a low cost. Photoshop also offers a personal program to the public which is much less expensive, however you do get what you pay for. There are fewer options, but for basic photo-editing it is nice. At this point, I don't have to worry, however the next school I teach at may not be as fortunate at Keytesville.
No comments:
Post a Comment