Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 15 Reflection

Time for reflection is hard to come by during my day.  When I am lying in bed trying to go to sleep is usually when my brain begins to reflect.  As an educator, I feel the need to continually reflect on my attitude, skills, and teaching strategies.  Reflection is an important part of growing and learning.  I feel that when an individual stops reflection the learning ends.  When working on my Bachelors, Professors always required us to reflect on everything.  As an adult and being out in the work force, it is important to have the skill of reflecting on my experiences.  I believe that doing this helps me become better at my job as an art teacher. 

I reflect on the lessons I present to my students daily.  I like to record little notes in my lesson plan book or on the actual lesson plan.  If I choose to teach this lesson again the next year, I can look back at my lesson plans and remember the parts I would like to change.

I encourage my students to reflect on their artwork by stepping back and observing what they have created.  If they move on from a project and a few days later they may decide its complete or might to choose to adjust parts of the piece.  Students need to learn that reflection is important.  This is how you can learn and grow as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment